Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Time flies when you're having fun!

Hi!

Well, I can't believe it's already been a week since I've last updated the blog! We've had a great week and weekend. The weather here is still very warm! Today it is 90F. The mornings and night are getting cooler, which is nice.

Well, I'm pretty excited to announce that we have planned our next trip to Holland! I will be flying there with Cory and Katie (Rudi's brother and his wife) and, of course, Tys and Nieko. We're going April 21st. Then Rudi is going to fly on the 5th of May. And the four of us are leaving May 19th. So I'll be there for almost a whole month! I am super excited and really looking forward to it. I have 2 nephews and 1 niece I've never met, and one more sister is going to have a baby next month. And all of my family will get to meet little Nieko! It's going to be so nice to share our joys with the people we love, our family!

Well, other than that things are going good - just normal. Nieko is just growing and being as sweet as can be, he now weighs 12lbs 5oz. He's smaller then when Tys was that age - I think it's because he sleeps all the way through the night! We think they don't look much alike. Nieko's face is quite a bit narrower than Tys', Nieko just looks more like a "de Vries..".
But they do have similarities too, of course.

Tys loves his little brother so much, anytime he comes to give Nieko a kiss, Nieko just starts smiling, it's very cute to see and I think they'll be close friends. They already love each other. Tys is almost a year and a half now, and he's turning into a real toddler! It is a lot of fun though, and Tys is a pretty good listener (when he chooses to be). He is starting to get very helpful, throwing things in the garbage for his mom! So far, it's only been things that I've asked him to throw in there, thankfully...

Here are some pictures from this past week;



In the picture above is Tys
And below is Nieko in the same outfit.


happy Tys

Nieko wearing a hat

I thought this was a very cute picture of the two of them!

Nieko in the "tummy tub"

Rudi's growing a beard.. (I guess it's getting colder out there.... :))


On Sunday, after church, we went to Eagle Island with friends of ours, we had such a good time! The weather was very nice.


Nieko's beautiful smile!


No comments: