Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 16 ~ we're a third of the way done!!!

Hi all!

It's been 2 whole weeks!!! 4 more to go... Time has actually been going by pretty fast.
He's still doing good. I guess you could easily say, he's used to his cast... Amazing how fast he adjusted to this whole thing.
He's complaining a few times a day about itchiness.. So that's interesting. Maybe the healing of the bone causes the itchiness, or just being in the cast? I don't know. But he's easily distracted and if I scratch him somewhere else, like on his back or on the leg that's not itchy, it helps.
The cast is starting to get smelly now...! Yikes.. I guess that's just part of it! I do the best I can. We change his diapers frequently. His inner diaper is a number 1 diaper, around that a number 4, and on the outside, around the cast a number 5, to make sure he doesn't pull his diaper off. Most of the times when I change him, I dry the whole area with a blow dryer. That works pretty good. Sometimes we really take our time and blow-dry it for 10 minutes! At least he doesn't mind it too much!

he's hanging in there!

No comments: