Saturday, October 9, 2010

day 7...

Well, it's been a week since Tys broke his leg.
We're doing good. The pain is gone, and he's just healing now.
There were a few days where he was complaining and crying out of frustration.
I had a nice break on Wednesday. Rudi was able to take care of Tys, so that I could go to bible study. And today I was able to go to town for a couple of hours.
I have to say that I'm thankful that we live on the farm. At least we can go outside and see the animals and the trucks and tractors.
I'm also thankful that we have family and friends around, I don't know what I would do without them.
Plus I'm thankful for the internet, where I can search other families who have been through this and learning helpful tips!

Tys is mostly sitting in the wheelchair, which he thankfully loves. He's been introduced to play-doh, which he's having a lot of fun with. He watched a little more tv than normal, but that's ok, plus it gives me a break.
Thankfully he sleeps good at night, he hasn't woken up at all. Some days he'll skip his nap, but that's understandable as he can't get rid of a lot of energy. He still rests in his bed though. It's also important for him to be in different positions throughout the day. Thankfully he can shift himself in a comfortable position at night.

So, we're doing good! one week down, 5 more to go!
On Thursday we have to take him to see the orthopedic Dr.



Tys is a real cuddlebug, and although it's alittle awkward, we can still cuddle with him.


we can still tickle him too!


in the meantime Nieko is busy in lots of ways. He gets to play with all the toys by himself! He's also learning how to walk, and since Tys can't push him over now, we think he'll ge there soon.


No comments: